Saturday 8 August 2009

Family History

I spent several hours today mapping out some of my Family History and putting together some census information I've had in a folder for years. Even though there are many mysteries yet to be solved, I enjoy looking at the names and the patterns between them.

My favourite ancestors at the moment are: May Eleanor Richardson, Esther Tilbrook and Lucy Rawlinson. May Eleanor was my great-grandmother, Esther was my great great-grandmother, and Lucy was my great, great, great-grandmother. I like this part of the family because they go back via the Tilbrook line into farming the land in Cambridgeshire. West Wratting, Borough Green, Weston Colville, Six Mile Bottom... these are some of the Tilbrook places. I've visited them once but it might be time for another visit soon because I'd like to take some photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment